Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Grocery and Meal Plan

Okay, I MEANT to post this yesterday, but I didn't. I wanted to join the other ranks of bloggers with Monday Menu Plan, but I couldn't, so I will try for next week. Still, I want to post what I bought at the grocery store and get some accountability going.

Not Pictured is 1 carton of 18 Eggs


I know that sandwich meat and string cheese is not really healthy for us, but currently they are a compromise food for us. The string cheese will last us quite a while, for I just use it to make "stuffed crust" whole wheat pizza, and I put two of the sandwich meat packages in the freezer, along with the 50% off chicken for Sunday's Superbowl Party.

I was excited by the Dole Watermelon juice's  simple ingredient list, the fact that it is on sale, AND 50% off.

All in all, this was a good stock up trip for us, We got a few tomatoes, Lettuce, and fruit from produce, and re-stocked my butter as it was on sale. Total spent- $100.67 after coupons.

Breakfasts are: Oatmeal, the rest of the Cereal stock maybe, homemade Yogurt and Granola, Fruit, and Breakfast sandwiches (bagels with egg and cheese), Juice, Eggs in a variety of forms (crepes, omelette's, ect)

Lunches are: Sandwiches, Yogurt, Granola, Fruit, Veggies such as the snap peas or carrots, Tuna, Salads maybe for me, Wraps

Diners:

Monday- Crusted Tiliapia and Mixed veggies

Tuesday- Beef Tips and Noodles, green beans, Rolls

Wednesday- Lemon baked Chicken served on Potatoes (coming soon!) , Corn

Thursday- Orange Pork with Pineapple chunks and Snap peas

Friday- Mediterranean Salmon Pasta (from Saving Dinner)

Saturday- Beef Burritos,  Corn (may be making homemade tortillas! I am going to try!)

Sunday- Superbowl Party! (we are hosting for friends, though I think we may watch movies instead.) Baked Buffalo chicken drummies, Chili, Mini weenies from freezer, cut veggies

Have any suggestions for me? Please tell me! <3 WEFA

1 comment: