Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cajun Seasoned Porkchops

Well, I broke Logan's phone accidentally. I mean really broke it, the screen is very cracked and its one of those fancy droids and without his phone I can not take pictures. But Let me tell you, these look and smell great!!!

Tonight's dinner was Seasoned Pork-chops, Mashed Carrots and Potatoes, and Kathy's Sweet Dinner Rolls. I am not including the recipe for the dinner rolls because I messed up, I forgot the second rise and so they looked really funky.

To make pork-chops:
Spread on a plate seasonings that you like. I wanted Cajun seasoning so I used some Chili powder, some Cayenne, Pepper and Kosher salt. This needs to be a lot, so that you can encrust the chops and seal in seasonings.

Have fresh or thawed pork-chops and press them into the seasonings, well coating. Some say to get the flavor that you should let it sit for an hour or so in the fridge, but I just let it sit until my oil was hot enough.

I used my largest fry pan, 12 inches and put just a little bit of olive oil in the bottom. Medium high heat, until water drop sprinkled on top sizzles.

Fry up the chops about 5 minutes, flip and about another 5 minutes, or until juices run clear. Deliciousness is just minutes away! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment