Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Avocado Bacon Soup

Okay, you all can be surprised... MaSu enjoyed it! Would give it a 4 out of 5, and wants me to make it again! The man whom before would rather go hungry than eat an onion, let alone an avocado or soup with both in it!

I got the  original recipe here at allrecipes.com but I changed it up to make just 2 servings, and I did not have white wine (which I subbed with a dash of white wine vinegar) and I had no celery or lime. It makes 6 in the link and it would probably taste less avocado-ey because it only uses 2 compared to the fact that I used a whole one.

  • Avocado Bacon Soup

  • 4 slices of bacon, chopped
  • 1/2 small onion, chopped
  • 1-1/3 cups chicken stock
  • 1 avocado (prep by cutting in half, remove pit with knife, and spoon edible stuffs to my Ninja processor)
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • salt and pepper to taste

I bake my bacon in the oven to make it healthier (not sitting in grease like when its fried) but you can fry it up in a pan just as easy. Set aside. Fry up the onion in a little bit of the bacon grease, and then add that to the processor along with the avocado and chicken stock. Process till smooth and then heat in sauce pot. Add the Heavy cream, reserved bacon, and salt and pepper. 

It is actually really really yummy! I think next time I do want to get the lime and celery, I just didn't want the avocado to go bad before I could use it. Logan thinks it would taste good with a little bit of potato, it seems we don't really like thin, creamy soups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment