Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Seafood Casserole (good with Salmon or Tuna)

Like many in this world, we don't have much money. We have to go to the food bank to supplement our food stamps. We were able to get 5 cans of salmon last week. I do not have nearly enough recipes that use salmon. (Infact only two now) so please send me some if you have any!

I got this recipe from "The Complete Tightwad Gazette " by Amy Dacyczyn which has all three volumes in it. In the 90's in Maine, it could be made for 1.40 a serving, though I am pretty sure it has gone up a bit since then.

"Mix and Match Seafood Casserole
6 Servings

7 Oz Pasta
1/2 cup dry white wine or milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded Cheese
1 can condensed "cream of" soup (celery, shrimp, mushroom, ect) I just realized I forgot this, but was still good!
1/2 tsp Dill I replaced with basil
6-8 oz canned seafood, drained (tuna, salmon, crab, shrimp, ect)

Topping: 2 tbs butter and crunchy thing  (bread crumbs, crushed corn chips, chow mein noodles, french fried onions, 1/2 cup sliced almonds, ect) I used really Really stale corn chips


Prepare the pasta to Al dente.

Mix all ingredients together except for topping in a casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, add topping and bake for 5 more. Serve hot.

It tasted better than I thought it would, to tell the truth I was kinda scared of it lol! It is perhaps not the prettiest thing, but it tastes good! We all ate it (Masu, T, and Carl) and even got extra servings so I would say it was a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment