Friday, January 21, 2011

Masu's review: 'Splosion Man

Okay, as said we were in Anchorage, and we had a great time. We got MaSu a very nice hematite ring and I got a bottle of Lavender essential oil. But I have some cleaning to do (dang mess of dirty snow dragged in by his wheelchair) so I a going to have him do a review of a game he just finished. I was watching him play the game and it looked like fun. Passing off  <3 WEFA

'Splosion Man

Hey people that I don't know exist, I just got finished playing 'Splosion Man made by Twisted Pixel Games, and man is it awesome. Its a very challenging and sometimes frustrating platformer for the Xbox 360. It feature a cute explodey guy that bounces around blowing up scientists and laboratories in a very cartoony way. It feature explosions, puzzle solving, meat, water, spikes, giant crabs, and cake eating. Its loony, insane, and addictive. I beat the game in roughly 3-4 hours spaced out over a couple a days so I didn't frustrate myself too bad, and man was it tough near the end. The game is separated into three chapters and also features a multiplayer mode. Once you beat the game the first time it unlocks Hardcore mode, which I fear to even click on. This game is unforgiving, but so much fun. Expect to die a lot once you get to chapter 2. This game truly harkens back to old school gaming, which has been overtaken by the COD franchise and others FPS games. If you want a challenge that makes you laugh, smile, and amuses you to no end this is the game for you.

Ratings:
Graphics: 8/10 cartoon like, yet very modern
Sound: 7/10 a bit annoying at times
Difficulty: 9/10 hard, hard, hard
Replayability: 9/10 Time trial mode to beat your best times
Worth the money: 9/10 Worth the money, every penny
Overall: 9/10

In summary, I would give this game a 9/10. Its a perfect time killing challenge that will make furious one moment and make you laugh the next. Its truly a immersive experience that you won't regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment