Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Classic Tator-Tot HOTDISH

I don't care what anyone says, this is an old old old family recipe, my favorite dinner as a child. I am from Minnesota and it is a HOT DISH. Do not call it a casserole, or at least, not to me. Now that that is done, let me get to the recipe:


Brown up hamburger with onions and various wanted seasonings as desired. Drain.

 Put in baking dish and mix with frozen corn, half a bag of tator-tots, and 1 can cream of mushroom soup. (works with cream of celery too, tried in Missouri because Ryan is allergic to mushrooms)
Be careful not to crush the tator tots, but mix together well. Cover with rest of the tator tots to create the crunchy topping.

Bake at 350 in oven for about 25 minutes, or whenever the tator tots are nice and golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes, that soup is boiling! Will burn your mouth!

Using a spatuala, dish out. My mom's favorite is the corners because those are always the crunchiest.

I love this meal, nice and cheap and easy. Was not popular in Mo because they don't like hot dishes, and especially not corn in their hotdish. Kathy thinks it would be good with cheese, it probably would be but I eat enough cheese as it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment