Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Turkey burgers

So I made these a few days ago, but didn't have the time to get the recipe up. Here is what I did now.

Ground turkey was on sale, and I have never cooked with it so we figured why not make some turkey burgers instead of beef hamburgers?

I used my grater to make some bread crumbs out of the loaf of bread I made a few days before, it was getting a bit dry anyways. It was half a loaf and I used half of the crumbs in the 1 pound of meat. I also used 1 egg, some seasonings and grated cheddar cheese.

Mash it all up (I mix by hand) and form into flatish round patties the size of your buns. We were using up the rest of the buns from Gene and Kathy, and they were HUGE. So I just made 4 burgers and the burgers were still smaller than the buns. I am certain that this could have made 8 burgers though.

We fried them up in a skillet as it was raining too much and we don't have the charcoals to use the community grill.

Yummy Yummy they were. We ate with some green beans and tator tots. I think it would have been better with some barbecue sauce, but the meat is pretty tasty. The melted cheese inside made them gooey according to Logan, but I liked it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment